Noah's Blanket Pattern

|
Ok here is the pattern I used to create Noah's blanket. All I know about the creator of this pattern is they went by fourleafcl1064 on AOL Hometown. Unfortunately those sites have all been deleted , so I cannot find anymore info about this person. Just know that this is not my own pattern and if I do one day find the person who created this, I will of course give credit. Thank you. You can see more pics of this blanket in the post right before this one.



Materials:
Size G crochet hook
Your choice of yarn, I used Caron One Pound in Cream and Sky Blue.
15 oz or so in main color
6 oz in trim color

Row 1: Ch 126, sc in 2nd ch from hook and across.
Row 2: Ch 1 turn, (sc, ch 3, 3 dc) in 1st sc, *Skip 3 sc, (sc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next sc, Rep* across to last 4 sc, skip next 3 sc, sc in last sc. (31 shells complete across)
Row 3: Ch 3 turn, 3 dc in 1st sc, (sc, ch 3, 3 dc) in each ch-sp across. ending with sc in last space.

Repeat row 3 approximately 55 rows.
Last Row: Ch 3 turn, 2 sc in ch-sp, *sc in sc, sc in next dc, skip next dc, sc in next dc, sc in next ch-sp. Repeat from * across to last shell, do not skip middle dc of last shell. (123 sc across)

Trim
Working in Rounds
Rnd 1: Ch 1 turn, 3 sc in 1st sc, [ *sc in each sc, rep *across, 3 sc in last sc, * (3 sc in ch-sp, sc in sc) rep * across, working in free loops of beginning chain, 3 sc in 1st ch, sc in each ch across,] 3 sc in last, Rep * around, last round rep between [ ] . sl st to 1st sc, (changing colors here if using contrasting colors)
Rnd 2-3: With white, ch 1, sc around with 3 sc in corners, sl st.
Rnd 4: Ch 2, do not turn, *skip sc, sc, ch 2, rep * around sl st in 1st sc.
Rnd 5: Ch 1, turn, sc in sl st, *sc in ch-sp, sc in sc around with 3 sc in corners. Rep * around.
Rnd 6: Ch 1, turn, *(sc, ch 3, 3 dc) skip 3 sc, rep * around sl st to 1st sc. Finish Off

2 comments:

Laura D. said...

Hi, I made this blanket for a friend and it turned out beautiful! The only thing is that the right and left side were tighter than the top and bottom. When you finish row 3 and repeat do you Ch 3, turn and 3dc in that same ch-sp? Maybe that's where I went wrong. What should I have done differently?

I hope this makes sense. Any advice would be so appreciated! Thank you for sharing such a great pattern :)

P.S. I'm new to crocheting so maybe I made a rookie mistake :-/

Oma said...

1i don't know how much help i will be, but I will try. I have been crocheting (2nd) time for about 3 yrs. Came back after 20 yrs of doing other things. Started with face & dish clothes, then market bags, then variations of scarves. Now I need to make a baby blanket for my nephew and his wife! We are so excited!

Anyway, I think I did this with the face clothes. I found I did better, and it look nicer, IF when I chained (1 or whatever the pattern calls for) I made the first stitch immediately closest to the turning chain, its almost under your hook. The i ended on the very last stitch. it seems to work fo rme better that wey. I don't know if that helps any Or just try a small wash cloth size say start with a chain of 31, and see how it looks. that should give you an idea. Sorry this was so wordy!

Post a Comment